Job – Animal Care Centre and Gardens Assistant
- Event date:
- 0 Comment
UPDATE: Position Filled
We are looking for an Animal Care Centre and Gardens Assistant to join our team here at the beautiful Walled Gardens in Moreton. Our animals play a key role in adding vibrancy to the site and education of our visitors about animal welfare.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm
Job Type: Full time permanent position
Salary: Starting at £20,592.00 per annum – dependant on experience
The role will include –
· To meet daily feeding, watering and husbandry needs of all animals on site
· To ensure essential paperwork is complete and recorded every day for each animal
· To regular health checks and report any concerns to the vet
· To administer medication when required
· To provide or coordinate maintenance of animal enclosures and the animal areas when required
· To assist the estates team with day to day gardening duties including mowing, pruning, weeding etc
· To assist students in setting and achieving relevant targets needed to gain qualifications and/or valuable work experience within their practical sessions
· Present a professional and positive face to members of the public in association with the gardens and animal centre
· Any other duties that may arise during the working day
Full training will be provided
To apply, email a CV and a covering email to email@example.com
For this role, we’re looking for someone with:
· Work experience within the animal industry with a range of species
· Qualifications in Animal Care level 3 or above, or working towards
· Basic knowledge and experience in horticulture
· Passionate about delivering a high standard of service
· Well presented, confident, with a positive can do attitude.
· Someone keen to progress and develop at Employ My Ability
In this role you will carry out numerous duties in our Animal Area to maintain the welfare of the animals and lead student practical session, as well as assisting the estates team with the upkeep of the gardens. The main animal duties will include providing daily care to meet their welfare needs including checks, feeding, cleaning, ensuring paperwork and processes are completed. The successful candidate will have experience working within the animal industry with a range of domestic and farm species, as well as a basic knowledge and experience in horticulture. A level 3 or above qualification in animal management is desired but not essential if significant experience shown. Student responsibilities including planning sessions so that they gain experience to help them access work within the animal industry, setting practical targets with them and collecting appropriate evidence to show that they have met their targets. Experience working with SEN students also not essential but the successful candidate must be a good communicator, patient and adaptable.
Employ My Ability is committed to safeguarding and promotion the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protections/adult safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS check.
Equality & Diversity:
Employ My Ability is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Employ My Ability is a Disability Confident employer.
All documentation relating to applicants will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org